18 castaways make up this new season, and here are my first impressions and predictions. The closer we get, the more excited I have become for this season, as the cast continues to grow on me the more I find out about them. Let's see which ones deliver on my expectations and which ones I get way off base.
Ashley Underwood, the Pageant girl [Ometepe]
Well...this girl is hot, that's for sure. The show has never been light on eye candy, but after seeing some of her modelling work, she ranks as one of the best (that ass, oh my word). She sounds like she can handle herself, and is unlikely to be viewed as a threat, so should Ometepe come out on top she has a good chance of going far in the game.
Steve Wright, older NFL player [Zapatera]
Um..Gary Hogeboom? Is that you, sneaking back in under a new identity? This guy is in danger of being an early boot. If he's loud and take-charge, then that will surely rub his tribe mates up the wrong way...particularly Russell. He better be damn good at challenges to save himself.
Francesca Hogi, the trash-talking Lawyer [Ometepe]
David Murphy, asshole in a suit [Zapatera]
Natalie Tenerelli, the young girl [Ometepe]
Another looker in the bunch! Natalie seems bubbly and enthusiastic, but at 19 years old she's the youngest Survivor contestant ever. She's sweet, and she's smiley, but I feel she's out of her depth.
Ralph Kiser, chicken farmer [Zapatera]
Kristina Kell, bitchy mom [Ometepe]
We could be looking at the new villain of the season here. Kristina seems like a woman who can definitely hold her own in a confrontation, so I'm relying on this cougar to bring the entertainment.
Mike Chiesl, Military guy [Zapatera]
I'm calling it now, folks - this here is your winner! He seems like the full package - likeable, intelligent, and athletic. The guy has been to Iraq, for crying out loud - if anyone is going to survive Redemption Island, it's going to be him.
Andrea Boehlke, farm girl [Ometepe]
Having Ashley and Andrea on the same tribe could get real confusing...how many blondes do we need? I like Andrea. I think she has more depth than the other girls. I expect her to be a decent challenge competitor, and to coast to the merge easily. Maybe further.
Krista Klumpp, the cheerleader [Zapatera]
My pick for a female winner. I'm expecting her to have a strong social game, I think she's sharp, and I think she will be underestimated due to her Southern accent. Plus, she looks like Samoa winner Natalie White. What better omen is there than that?
Grant Mattos, younger NFL player [Ometepe]
Quiet and soft-spoken, Grant could fly under the radar in this game. His athletic ability could also help him. He may be the dark horse.
Sarita White, multiple divorcee [Zapatera]
This is the name that stands out to me the least. She seems kinda bland, and I can barely tell her apart from Kristina. Usually the bores tend to slip under the radar, so she has a chance to get to the second half of the game if she stays out of the way.
Phillip Sheppard, eccentric black guy [Ometepe]
Phillip is hoping to use his smile to get him far in the game. He seems to have a diverse set of skills and claims he can read people, so I'm interested to see if he can put that to use. Question is, can he read the game? He doesn't sound like a guy who knows what he's doing out there. Personally, I'm thinking early boot.
Stephanie Valencia, the tiny annoying chick [Zapatera]
Her voice gets on my nerves. She's certainly cute, but she's so tiny! She's bound to be the weakest link on the tribe and she would never be able to survive Redemption Island, poor thing. I can't really see anything other than "early boot" for this one, I'm afraid. Shame. From how she said she alway gets her way, she could have been the new Brenda.
Matt Elrod, surfer dude [Ometepe]
It's Fabio 2.0! And honestly, there's no reason why we can't see him repeat his predecessors success. Like Fabio, he's not as dumb as he seems. He can get by on his good looks and laid-back personality. Watch him!
Julie Wolfe, elderly firefighter [Zapatera]
Julie strikes me as a confident (posing in a bikini at her age? wow) and experienced lady. And she really needs the money, which is going to put a target on her. I could go either way with Julie. If she can hold her own in the challenges, she can go far (probably booted late for being a jury threat). If not, she'll be gone pretty quick.
And the returning players...
Boston Rob Mariano, All-Stars runner-up [Ometepe]
Rob might have a better chance of getting far in this game than you think. He won't be gone early, as his tribe will need his leadership and physical dominance. His team appears to have the edge over Russell's, so he could go into the merge with a majority tribe. If so, they better watch out for a late immunity run! I just hope the other players are smart enough to know when to take him out.
Russell Hantz, Samoa runner-up [Zapatera]
I must confess, I'm a big fan of Russell and the entertainment he brings. But I can guarantee he won't win this game, and will never win this game. He talks tough, he plays the game hard, and he usually gets what he wants, but he pisses too many people off. That could be a dangerous game to play here if he doesn't change it, but I think he will. He needs to show his tribe he is also an asset. As good as he is, I think this is a task too much for him. I expect him to make the jury, but sadly I think this is the season we will finally see his torch snuffed.


















No comments:
Post a Comment