Friday, 11 January 2013

Meet the fans!

The new Fans Vs Favorites season, Caramoan, will kick off on February 13th. These are the 10 new contestants hoping to succeed where the Micronesia bunch fell short. No ranking this time (mainly to avoid once again having a 2nd boot embarrassingly high), but I will give my thoughts...

REYNOLD TOEPFER - The salesman
My initial reaction was "douchebag", but he's saying all the right things in his pre-game interview. He sounds like he's going to be the main strategic force over on Gota, I just haven't decided if I like that or not yet. Will he be a good villain, or just a boring gamebot?


ALLIE POHEVITZ - Bargirl barbie
Aww, what a cute little lamb. Or is she? She came off harmless and vaguely disinterested in her interview, but if she can bring out that subtle no-nonsense side of her, she could be this season's bitch.


SHAMAR THOMAS - Army brat
There's a YouTube video out there of Shamar yelling at cops during Occupy Wall Street. That's enough for me to say this guy is going to be crazy. He says his strategy is to "destroy everything", so I'm hoping his ridiculous antics provide the laughs.


SHERRI BIETHMAN - Survivor-mad mom
Well, look at that - a fan that is actually a fan! (She named her son Colby, so you know she's serious). She seems physically prepared, let's just hope it's not too emotionally overwhelming for her. She looks great for her age, by the way. Just saying!


MATT BISCHOFF - Epic beard guy
There's always a lot of pressure on "alternative" types to be big characters just for their appearance, but Matt actually seems one of the most normal guys in the cast. He's less of a scary badass and more of a Rupert-type. He says he's here to have a good time, so I worry he's not as focused as some of the others.


LAURA ALEXANDER - The troublemaker
"I'm definitely willing to cause a lot of trouble if I have to" she smirks. I'll hold you to that, Laura. She's young and small, but might end up being able to hold her own more than she looks. Hopefully she'll be able to do something to distinguish herself from Allie, because they seem almost identical at the moment.


EDDIE FOX - Jersey firefighter
I think he's going to be well-liked and good in challenges. He hates puzzles though, so he's probably not that smart. The "fun guy" persona might take him far, but probably not over the finish line.


JULIA LANDAUER - Racecar girl
Well, she takes the prize for coolest job title of the season. I'm getting shades of Sophie from Julia, and not in a good way. She's far too geeky and awkward to do well, and doesn't have enough of a ruthless streak.


MICHAEL SNOW - Bald guy
Michael's an early fave of mine. He looks like Jim Rash, only somehow even gayer. The fact he doesn't like crazy people will probably give him a lot to bitch about, and I'm sure he'll be a great snarky commentator.


HOPE DRISKILL - Blonde girl number three
When was the last Survivor that didn't have a Pageant girl, I wonder? She's the most attractive girl on her tribe, but she's been cast for her looks and nothing else. She'll most likely be an early boot. "Hope" I'm wrong though.

No comments:

Post a Comment