Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Best Survivor moments - alumni weigh in!

In the build-up to Survivor's 500th episode, CBS asked past players to share their favorite memories of the show. Here's a sample of what they came up with:

Gretchen Cordy: "It was day 6 and we were invited for dinner, so we decided to dress for the occasion. I came up with the idea of wearing the buff as a tube top - so when you think "Gretchen didn't leave much of a mark on Survivor" - buffs as tube tops, does it get better than that?"

Jessie Camacho: "When Sandra won not once, but twice - dos veces! I gotta give it to my girl, as a Latina myself."

John Carroll: "Hands down, it's Eliza and Jason's "it's an effin stick"...and maybe me getting my hand peed on."

Jed Hildebrand: "When Ian jumped off after 12 hours of sitting there, he brought in the outside world of friendship from Katie and Tom and begged for forgiveness. Gameplayers now, they don't do that - they are stone cold if you wanna win!"

Andrew Savage: "Cambodia, day 21, voting out Wentworth, she's going home. 9 votes, sending a message of who's in control. Then she pulls out the hidden immunity idol, and I go home. How on Earth can THAT be my favorite moment? When you love Survivor as much as I do, that was stunning. Timing in life is everything and Wentworth nailed it."

Rob & Amber: "Our favorite moment is from season 8 when we fell in love and got married."

Katie Gallagher: "As a viewer, I enjoy watching people lose their minds. One of my favorite examples of this is Shane finding a piece of tree that looks like a Blackberry and he uses it to communicate with his loved ones."

Cirie Fields: "When Parvati played two idols and neither one of them was for herself. She got that one!"

Abi-Maria Gomes: "My own moment when I am ballsy enough to tell RC that if she messes with me, she's dead to me."

Matt Bischoff: "It's gotta be from my season, where we walked up to that mat and Jeff Probst said "welcome to Survivor!" It still gives me chills, it's an honor to play the greatest game ever invented."

Jeremiah Wood: "Picture this, I'm in the middle of the pacific ocean, only thing that stands in between me and the gold is a basket and five balls. I look over to my right, who is it? NBA star Cliff Robinson. Then I look to my left - Spencer Bledsoe. Then the shooting begins. As I pick up that fifth ball and it sinks, I notice they haven't even started shooting yet. And I notice that I won gold, and all I can do is pick up Morgan and hold her up like Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing!"

Tony Vlachos: "Has to be Johnny Fairplay's grandma lie. I truly believe that moment is what created the monster I was on Cagayan. When I watched Fairplay stating his grandma is probably watching Jerry Springer at that time, I lost it! It was right there and then that I realized what players would do to get an edge."

Jenn Brown: "Anything Greg Buis has ever done ever, because he's amazing. From my season, it would be the first tribal council when I thought I was still watching Jeff Probst on TV. To this day, I still can't believe I was there."

Tai Trang: "When Erik was convinced by Amanda, Cirie, Parvati and Natalie to give up his immunity idol. Wow, what great gameplay from the women, but so painful and I feel bad for Erik."

Jessica Figueroa: "I'd have to go back to Samoa, where Shambo accidentally let go of one of the chickens and Erik went into the woods to find it and got clotheslined by his own clothesline."

Zeke Smith: "The final six tribal council from Second Chances, in which Kimmi sees Jeremy's win written on the wall and flips against Jeremy's alliance. So there's three votes Kelley Wentworth and three votes Jeremy. Wentworth plays an idol, Jeremy plays an idol, and for the first time in Survivor history we have no votes. So we have a revote, and it's tied, and everyone is immune for one reason or another and the decision comes down to Keith Nale, who has no idea what's happening. I love this tribal for a couple of reasons, the first is I'm a huge Survivor nerd so I love it when there are firsts, but more than that, I so love this move from Kimmi Kappenberg. She knows she's 4th in that alliance but she says heck no, I didn't wait 15 years to not take a shot at winning this thing, so I'm gonna make a move even if I go home a couple of places early."

Sunday Burquest: "When Parvati played two idols, followed closely by James going home with two in his pocket. I also love the funny moments like Keith saying "stick to the plan" and my going "shh" to Bret at tribal council."

Hannah Shapiro: "When Cochran came back for his second season and instantly got burned like a little tomato, but then took them all down. So here's to Cochran and Aubry and dweebs like us, dominating on islands everywhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment