1. Ryan Ulrich - Bellhop
I really like Ryan's outlook on the game. He talks about not needing to take control too early and how the key is to be as average as possible. These are sentiments I completely agree with! His self-deprecating nature reminds me of David Wright, so hopefully he can avoid coming off as a weasel and have a real shot to win.
2. Ashley Nolan - Lifeguard
Ashley gives long, detailed answers in her bio that paint a very impressive picture. Athletic, likeable and driven...she's the full package. Probably the best spot to be in this season is a Hero that doesn't play like a hero. Ashley's quote about letting people sink is very reminiscent of Sarah's "I'm playing like a criminal" mantra.
3. Roark Luskin - Social worker
Knowing that she's Corinne's friend, I was expecting some snark from Roark, but she has an endearing kookiness to her as well. She has one of the funnier bios too. I wasn't expecting to be high on her chances, but I walked away from her video pleasantly surprised.
4. Chrissy Hofbeck - Financial analyst
Despite being one of the older contestants, Chrissy seems like she's going to be a strong player. She's smart, confident and personable. Assuming she can hold her own in the challenges, I could see her integrating just fine.
5. Mike Zahalsky - Urologist
There's a lot to like about Mike. He's a superfan, he's funny (talking about his wife's obsession with Ethan and how he's happy that his kid looks like him was hilarious). However he is on the older side, not particularly athletic, and is probably gonna be awkward. As long as he gets in the numbers early, he should be fine.
6. Ben Driebergen - Marine
In addition to the many fine qualities you'd expect of a Marine/family man, Ben brings a goofiness to the table also. People will like him and want to work with him, and he's probably gonna be good in challenges. The only reason I don't have him higher is because he's too obvious a threat to win.
7. Cole Medders - Wilderness guide
I feel similarly about Cole as I do about Ben. He's a wilderness guide, so obviously he's extremely equipped for the survival side of the show. But that, along with his good looks and physique, is going to make him a huge target in the late game.
8. Alan Ball - NFL player
I was gonna write off Alan as a clueless recruit based on his bio, but when you watch his video, there's definitely a laid-back vibe to him that will keep him around. That is as long as he stays that way...he claims hunger is his biggest enemy.
9. Desi Williams - Physical therapist
Desi is attractive, competitive, intelligent and willing to use all of that to win. She's very well-spoken and I think she definitely has the skills to do well, my only reservation about her is that she might come on too strong.
10. Jessica Johnston - Nurse practitioner
She's blonde, she's bubbly and she's super sweet. Jessica is non-threatening enough to go far without a target on her back, but we'll see if she has the wherewithal to be able to step up and take it over the line.
11. Ali Elliott - Celebrity assistant
Typical L.A. girl who enjoys shopping and taking selfies, it'll be interesting to see if Ali can handle the jungle. She's still a pretty big question mark for me, so I'll reserve judgment for now. Maybe she'll be a dark horse or maybe she'll underwhelm.
12. Joe Mena - Probation officer
Not only does Joe look like Tony, he's planning to emulate his playing style, talking about how he's hoping to use his manipulation skills in the game. But for someone who admitted he only just learned to swim, he seems awfully confident about it, so you have to wonder if his confidence is unfounded in other areas too.
13. Simone Nguyen - Diversity advocate
Simone seems intent on being a villain both in her gameplay, where she mentions pitting people against eachother, and in her attitude, where she talks about being confrontational. Her feistiness will probably make for fun TV, but it's not usually a recipe for success in the game.
14. JP Hilsabeck - Firefighter
This guy will definitely feel at home on the Heroes tribe, but the fact he's talking about "good moral character" makes me think he's not cut out for all the backstabbing. He might be dragged along as a number for a while, but bless his heart, he's probably just too nice to play this game.
15. Patrick Bolton - Mover
Patrick talks a lot about his work ethic and how he hopes he doesn't get sunburnt, but I didn't get much insight into his strategy other than generic stuff like "trust no-one". Is that all there is to him? Gone after the merge first time he loses a challenge, most likely.
16. Devon Pinto - Surf instructor
Devon is pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a surf instructor. He talks very slowly and doesn't have a lot to say. He seems to think winning challenges is all that matters. He says he's going to let people think he's dumb - that shouldn't be too hard.
17. Katrina Radke - Olympic swimmer
The best word to describe Katrina is intense...from how she looks to how she talks. She didn't come off as annoying, but she still might be too much for some people. The title of Olympian is very impressive, but I don't know if it'll save her when she's the oldest person on her tribe.
18. Lauren Rimmer - Fisherman
My expectations for Lauren were low and she didn't really prove me wrong. She describes herself as "hard-headed"...that was the first red flag. I don't think she has much knowledge of the game or experience with people outside her small town. Maybe a fishing job gives her some physical strength, but she doesn't look very in shape.


















No comments:
Post a Comment